In our classes we will focus on:
Learning to communicate using real life contexts
Exploring the culture of Spanish-speaking countries using common phrases
Speaking Spanish correctly using simple grammar
My group classes are held on Monday evenings the West End Community Centre on Denman street in Vancouver, BC. I teach beginners 1 and beginners 2/low intermediate.
I also provide individual or small group lessons in person or online. These are for students who require a specialized curriculum (i.e. university level tutoring or short travel plans).
Former students: if you’ll like to join us for any of the community outings, please feel free to contact me – I’d love to hear from you!
Hola! This class is for everyone who wants to learn Spanish for travel, adventure, or to gain language skills.
We learn through videos, lectures, conversations and cultural outings and we cover:
- The alphabet
- Introductions (your name, where you are from, what you are doing, where you are traveling).
- Numbers and colours
- Date and time
- Travel arrangements – bookings and travel forms
- Asking for directions
- Going shopping
- Food and eating: names of fruits and vegetables, ordering at a restaurant
- Asking important questions with: how? what? why? when? where?
- Basic grammar to help you form simple sentences
- Commonly used verbs you need to know
- Important phrases used in emergencies
This course builds on what you’ve learned on level 1. Here you will practice using the present tense, but we will add on past and future tense. This level focuses on practice and it’s designed to increase understanding and fluency.
We also do a bit of grammar by looking at commonly used verbs that describe the things you do and learn how to form simple sentences.
We’ll practice more conversation and increase comprehension through videos and games. Handouts provided in class can be used as guides when travelling.
- NOTE DUE TO THE COVID 19 PANDEMIC, ALL CLASSES WILL BE FACILITATED online – click here for info