- Group classes are held on Monday evenings the West End Community Centre on Denman street in Vancouver, BC.
- Offerings: beginners 1 and beginners 2/low intermediate.
- I also provide individual or small group lessons in the Brentwood area or online. These are aimed at students who require advanced level work or need a specialized curriculum (i.e. university level tutoring or short travel plans).
Hola! This class is for everyone who wants to learn Spanish for travel, adventure, or to gain language skills.
We will learn a bit of grammar using videos and lectures, then practice through conversations and cultural outings. We cover:
- The alphabet
- Introducing and talking about yourself (your name, where you are from, what you are doing, where you are traveling).
- Numbers, colours and using these in daily situations such as: telling date and time, going shopping.
- Asking for directions (a bit more besides – where is the bathroom! )
- Food and the restaurant – Including: names of fruits and vegetables; ordering food and drinks
- Asking important questions with: how? what,?why? when? where?
- Basic grammar to help you form simple sentences,
- Commonly used verbs you need to know
- Must know phrases in emergencies, bookings and hotel/travel forms
This course is designed for those who can speak a little Spanish, but would like to increase their understanding.
Expand your grammar – use the most common verbs, describe things you do, speak using the past and future tense, and form sentences.
We’ll practice more conversation and increase comprehension through videos and games. Handouts provided in class can be used as guides when travelling.